Areas of Expertise
- institutional change in post-communist Europe
- global migration
- urban studies
- social stratification
- material culture and consumer society
- Marketa Rulikova. 2020. “’I would Never Wear Those Old Clodhoppers!’: Age Differences Over Used Clothing Consumption in the Czech Republic”. Journal of Consumer Culture. Vol. 20 (2): 175-193. First published December 2, 2019.
- Marketa Rulikova. 2015. “Irregular Migrant Domestic Workers in Europe: Who Cares?” by Anna Triandafyllidou. ed.” January 2015. Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews. Volume 44. No 1. (book review)
- Marketa Rulikova. 2014. “Sales Tours or How Czech Seniors Learned to Love Capitalism”. In Mathur, Nita. Ed. Consumer Culture, Modernity and Identity. SAGE Publications.
- Marketa Rulikova. 2013. Fellow Travelers on the Road to Consumer Society. Anthropology of East Europe Review, [S.l.], v. 30, n. 2, p. 59-76, Jan. 2013. ISSN 2153-2931. Available at: <http://scholarworks.iu.edu/journals/index.php/aeer/article/view/3161
- Marketa Rulikova. Responses to the Economic Crisis among Immigrants in the Czech Republic: Impeding and Inhibiting Factors for Staying. Comparative Population Studies, [S.l.], v. 37, n. 1-2, oct. 2012. ISSN 1869-8999. Available at: <http://www.comparativepopulationstudies.de/index.php/CPoS/article/view/90>
- Marketa Rulikova. 2010. Euroscepticism in EU Candidate Countries: Variability in Political Elite Resistance to the EU Accession in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. VDM – Verlag (ISBN: 978-3-639-24629-2)
- Marketa Rulikova. 2004. ”The European Parliament Election in the Czech Republic, June 11-12.” Briefing paper. Sussex European Institute.Marketa Rulikova. 2004. ”The Influence of Pre-Accession Status on Euroscepticism in EU Candidate Countries” in Perspectives on European Politics and Society. Volume 5.
- Latayanu G., T. Leoncikas, V. Mireva, M.Rulikova and D. Skobla. Eds. 2001. The Plan for Reconstruction: Vision for the Balkans”. Working Paper in Social Sciences No.1/2001. Bucharest: BCS Publishing House.
- Markéta Rulíková. 2000. “The Position of the Czech and Slovak Political Representatives on the Integration into the EU,” Slovo, Special Issue: Between the Bloc and the Hard Place: Moving towards Europe in Post-Communist States? University College London: School of
Slavonic and East European Studies.
- Markéta Rulíková. 1998. ”The Impact of Post-Communist Transformation on the Economic and Social Behaviour of the Czech Family” in Dornisch D., P. Elvin and R. Kania. eds., Post-Communist Transformations. Warszawa: IFIS Press.