The department now has a designated fund for summer student fieldwork connected to an independent study project or a senior thesis. If you would like to submit a proposal for summer fieldwork funding, please talk to your departmental adviser.
Recent thesis projects by majors in Anthropology or Sociology have included studies of the Smithsonian folk life festival, the meaning of volunteerism in community health programs in Honduras, the negotiation of Ghanaian identity in Chicago, and the significance of social class to first-generation college students. Every year one or more Williams students accompany Prof. Antonia Foias to her archaeological field site in Guatemala, Motul de San José.
- Useful writing guides for students in Anthropology & Sociology
- Gateways to the Williams College Library’s guide to research in Anthropology & Archaeology and Sociology.
- Our guide to research in Sociology
- Bernard-Olivier Clist’s guide to anthropological resources on the Web (Excellent)
- AnthroSource, the American Anthropological Association’s new online publication portal (Williams College and AAA members only