Areas of Expertise
- South Asia
- Capitalism & global finance
- Material culture
- Linguistic anthropology
- Searle, Llerena Guiu. 2014. Conflict and commensuration: Contested market making in India’s private real estate development sector. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 38(1): 60-79. (available online in advance of print publication DOI: 10.1111/1468-2427.12042)
- Searle, Llerena Guiu. 2013. “Conflict and commensuration: Contested market making in India’s private real estate development sector.” In Contesting the Indian City: Global Visions and the Politics of the Local, editor Gavin Shaktin. Wiley-Blackwell, Studies in Urban Change.
- Searle, Llerena Guiu, “Constructing prestige and elaborating the ‘professional’: Elite residential complexes in the National Capital Region, India.” Contributions to Indian Sociology 47, June 2013.Abstract.
- Nakassis, Constantine V. and Llerena Guiu Searle, “Introduction: Social value projects in post-liberalisation India.” Contributions to Indian Sociology 47, June 2013. Abstract.
- Seminarist, “Betting on growth.” Seminar 582: Special Economic Zones, February 2008, pp. 51-56.
- Searle, Llerena Guiu. 2010. Making space for capital: The production of global landscapes in contemporary India. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Pennsylvania.