M.A. University of Virginia (1992)
Ph.D. University of Virginia, Sociology (1995)
Areas of Expertise
- Comparative law
- Technology & social change
- Law & society
- Historical & comparative sociolog
- Editor, The American Culture Wars: Current Contests and Future Prospects. University Press of Virginia, 1996.
- The Therapeutic State: Justifying Government at Century’s End. New York University Press, 1998.
- Reinventing Justice: The American Drug Court Movement. Princeton University Press, 2001.
- Editor, Drug Courts: In Theory and in Practice. Aldine de Gruyter, 2002.
- Legal Accents, Legal Borrowing: The International Problem-Solving Court Movement. Princeton University Press, 2009.